Thanks for your interest in becoming a member of the Rochester Curling Club!
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic we have cancelled our Learn-to-Curl session for the fall. Since Learn-to-Curl is required for new members we are not in a position to take on new members at this time. Check back in November for an update on the winter Learn-to-Curl session and our ability to take on new members.
The Club offers amples opportunity to curl for those new to the sport of curling to those with many years of experience and from ages 6 to 99. The club is a great community to be part of, as is the overall curling community. Part of what makes the club so great is that it is a all volunteer organization. Members run all aspects of the club. As such, all members are expected to give back to the club, by contributing 10 hours of their time a year volunteering for the club. Fulfiling this 10 hour commitment is easy as there is always many ways for members to contribute to the club.
Any individual 18 year or older may join the club and participate in all leagues. Anyone 21 and under is still considered a Junior by curling governing bodies and has the option of joining the club as a junior member, though access to our leagues would be limited.
The Rochester Curling Club has several membership categories to fit a variety of individual needs.
- Introductory -- First year curlers
- Intermediate -- Second and third year curlers
- Full -- Curlers beyond their third year
- Day -- Fourth year and beyond curlers who only want to curl in our daytime leagues
- Student -- For those curlers who are full time students
We offer adult league play 6 days a week. Saturdays are often filled by bonspiels, which also offer members to opportunity to curl.
- Sunday 6pm -- open league, individual signup, 6 end games, 9 teams max
- Monday 10am -- open league, pickup (teams formed each time based on who shows up), 8 teams max
- Monday 6:15pm -- women's league, individual signup, 6 end games, 9 teams max
- Monday 8:00pm -- open leaugue, individual signup, 8 end games, 9 teams max
- Tuesday 6:30pm and 8:45pm -- mixed (2 males and 2 females) league, team signup, 8 end games, 18 teams max
- Wednesday 10am -- open league, pickup, 8 teams max
- Wednesday 6:30pm and 8:45pm -- men's league, team signup, 8 end games, 18 teams max
- Thursday 6:30pm and 8:45pm -- open league, team signup, 8 end games, 18 team max
- Friday 7pm -- open league, pickup, 8 teams max
Brand New Curlers
For a brief introduction to the sport of curling just gather a group of friends, family, or co-workers and check out our Ice Rental information page.
Learn to Curl Requirement
If you are brand new to the sport of curling, completion of our Learn to Curl program is required to curl in most of our leagues. You may be able to participate in Learn to Curl concurrently with league registration, but we recommend completing Learn to Curl first. To join in our next Learn to Curl session, learn more on our Learn To Curl page.
If you’ve curled before, whether as a member of RCC or somewhere else, we’re happy to have you.
If you were a member at RCC last season, you may already have an account. Instructions for membership renewal and login credentials will be emailed during the off-season.
Transfers from Other Curling Clubs
Our junior program meets most Sundays mornings during the season. Please click here for more info.
We look forward to having you join our club!