Rent our Ice or our Warm Room!
Come Out and Play in Our House!
On any given day or evening, there is often one or more sheets of ice available for rental. Let the Rochester Curling Club host your next event, whether it’s a staff party or just a group of friends looking to try this fun sport. Instruction is available to help you get started!
Our ice is available for group rentals of any size. From school field trips and birthday parties to corporate events, we can craft an experience that suits your needs and size!
The Rochester Curling Club feaures 4 sheets of groomed and well-maintained ice, with a full service private bar. Sheets of ice can be rented for a couple hours, as well as additional time in the warm room to relax after your event.
Before You Arrive
Please consider some of the following as you prepare to come to our Club:
- Footwear: If you don’t have curling shoes, don’t worry! Bring a clean pair of flat running shoes, carried in separately. The club has grippers available for you to use.
- Clothing and Temperature Concerns: Wear loose fitting clothing. There are heaters in the rink, so you won’t get very cold. Dress in layers. Gloves or mitts are a good idea. You can always shed layers, so don’t be afraid to overprepare.
- Brushes: The club has a supply of brooms for your rental.
- Sliders: Sliding devices are also available to help you deliver the rocks.
- Arrival: You should try to arrive about 15 minutes early, depending on the size of your group. It will take a few minutes to ensure each person is ready to get on the ice.
- Instructors: We will provide one or more instructors to work with you and your group, depending on your size.
- Bar: Prior to, during and after the ice rental period, our bar service is available. All of our instructors are part of our volunteer organization, and can serve as bartenders in a pinch, but if you need a dedicated bartender just let us know so we’re prepared — there’s no extra charge! Our bar stocks a wide variety of beverages, including local draft beers and liquor. Drinks are allowed on the ice in plastic cups, so please pour any beverages out of glass bottles and into cups before you head out.
Getting Ready to Curl!
- Fitting grippers: Once you’ve arrived, make sure all your participants have grippers covering their shoes. The faster you get set up, the more ice time you’ll have.
- Introductory video: If this is your first time curling, we’ll begin instruction with an off-ice video. If you’ve been here before, we can zip right through it.
- Ice time: Most rentals are about two hours in length, total, including some time at the end to change out of your grippers and enjoy a refreshing beverage at the bar.
- Additional ice time: If you think you’d like to reserve more than two hours on the ice, please let us know well ahead of time, as other bookings may not permit additional time on your rental day.
- Warm room time: You may enjoy a complimentary 15 to 30 minutes in our warm room at the conclusion of your session to relax and catch your breath. Want more time to enjoy our bar area? Please let us know and we’ll be happy to accomodate additional rental time
Our rental program is run by our Groups Coordinators, Mike and Carol Eagan. If you’re interested in getting out on the ice, let us know!